Sunday, July 19, 2015

Warung Senggol

Ice Cendol for Free Ta'jil
When I see the photos I took during my recent visit to Garut with a tagline: Warung Senggol - nyenggol lezatnya, it quickly reminds me that it's been ages since I last wrote in this blog. Words on my culinary experience were dancing in my mind but I was not in the mood to write until today.
My trip on July 7-9, 2015 to Garut was in the middle of fasting month. I received various advice from my good friends in Darajat of having the venues for breakfasting. We finally selected a place namely Warung Senggol, which was located on Jalan Cileudug No 176, Garut. We were told that they had lime-leaf rice (nasi daun jeruk) so I was curios.


Abundant Mouthwatering Dishes
We arrived in Warung Senggol slightly after 5 PM. The place was cozy, it was bright inside. The tables and deck-chairs were arranged with warung-style and the food corner was located on the left side. Various mouthwatering dishes were on display: chicken, beef, fish, vegetables (ayam bakar, ayam goreng, gepuk, tumis ikan asin jambal, aneka pepes, cumi asin, karedok, sayur bunga papaya, jengkol, etc), too many I could go on and on.....
                                                                                                     We ordered early to avoid the breakfasting queue around the clock. We also ordered Es Ciledug (kinda es campur). Our meals including lalapan, sambal and nasi daun jeruk were ready when people were coming for breakfasting dinner and the place was really full around 6 PM. We enjoyed the free ice cendol for ta'jil first and hot tea before we had the dishes. I would say that everything was very delicious, except the tempe mendoan which was too thick and soo not original. Other than that, it was perfect - I had pepes tahu, cumi asin, sayur kiciwis and lalaban. The taste of nasi daun jeruk was very unique and I had more portion from the leftover of my friend, hahahahaha... It was one of recommended warung in Garut with very reasonable price (if not cheap, compared to the same type of warung in Jakarta).

Until my next post :)
Food Display



Won't miss the sign!

No comments: