Friday, May 06, 2016

Mi Godog Mbah Hadi


Bakmi Godog
I was very glad I could return to Warung Bakmi Djawa Mbah H. Hadi in my recent trip to Jogjakarta last month. I rated Mi Godog here as one of the best in town. Located in the corner spot of a gas station in Jalan C. Simanjuntak No. 1, Terban, the place could be fully packed after 7:30 PM. The best time to come here is in between after magrib and before isya. When ordering, the waiter gave you a queuing number, just like in the hospital or in the bank:). I would suggest choosing the outdoor table at the back, near the cooking cart. It is quite romantic as you could see Jogja lights and Kali Code while enjoying a portion of noodle.
Several selections are available: bakmi goreng, bakmi godog, bakmi nyemek, nasi goreng, magelangan and tongseng ayam. My favorite was always bakmi godog. The service was pretty quick considering the food was cooked by charcoal. One portion of bakmi would cost around IDR 20 K depending on the extra order (for example: extra chicken wing, chicken head, ati ampla usus, uritan, etc.). The sensation of having the noodle with pickles and cayenne pepper was beyond words. It was so good and this was why I always missed this place when I was in Jakarta.
Queuing Number
  

No comments: